Primary Research Articles (2016-2022)
1. Yousefi M, Lee WS, Yan B, Cui L, Yong CL, Yap X, Tay KSL, Qiao W, Tan D, Nurazmi NI, Linster M, Smith GJD, Lee YH, Carette JE, Ooi EE, Chan KR*, Ooi YS (2022). TMEM41B and VMP1 modulate cellular lipid and energy metabolism for facilitating dengue virus infection. PLoS Pathog. 18, 8, e1010763.
2. Koh CWT, Ooi JSG, Joly GLC, Chan KR* (2022). Gene Updater: a web tool that autocorrects and updates for Excel misidentified gene names. Sci Rep. 12, 1,12743.
3. Syenina A, Gan ES, Toh JZN, de Alwis R, Lin LZ, Tham CYL, Yee JX, Leong YS, Sam H, Cheong C, The YE, Wee ILE, Ng DHL, Chan KR, Sim JXY, Kalimuddin S, Ong EZ, Low JG, Ooi EE (2022). Adverse effects following anti–COVID-19 vaccination with mRNA-based BNT162b2 are alleviated by altering the route of administration and correlate with baseline enrichment of T and NK cell genes, PLoS Biol., 20, 5, e3001643.
4. Low JZH, Yau C, Zhang SL, Tan HC, Ooi EE, Chan KR* (2022). A protocol to assess cellular bioenergetics in flavivirus-infected cells, STAR Protocols, 3, 2, 101297.
5. Yau C, Low JZH, Gan ES, Kwek SS, Cui L, Tan HC, Mok DZL, Chan CYY, Sessions OM, Watanabe S, Vasudevan SG, Lee YH, Chan KR*, Ooi EE (2021). Dysregulated metabolism underpins Zika-virus-infection-associated impairment in fetal development, Cell Reports, 37, 11, 110118.
6. Huseh FC, Wu CN, Lin MYC, Hsu FY, Lin CF, Chang HW, Lin JH, Liu HF, Chiou MT, Chan KR*, Lin CN (2021). Phylodynamic analysis and spike protein mutations in porcine deltacoronavirus with a new variant introduction in Taiwan, Virus Evolution, 7, 2, veab096.
7. Ong EZ, Kalimuddin S, Chia WC, Ooi SH, Koh CWT, Tan HC, Zhang SL, Low JG, Ooi EE, Chan KR* (2021). Temporal dynamics of the host molecular responses underlying severe COVID-19 progression and disease resolution, EBioMedicine, 65, 103262.
8. Yau C, Gan ES, Kwek SS, Tan HC, Ong EZ, Hamis NZ, Rivino L, Chan KR, Watanabe S, Vasudevan SG, Ooi EE (2020). Live vaccine infection burden elicits adaptive humoral and cellular immunity required to prevent Zika virus infection. EBioMedicine, 61, 103028.
9. Gallagher P, Chan KR, Rivino L, Yacoub S (2020). The association of obesity and severe dengue: possible pathophysiological mechanisms. J Infect, 81, 1, 10-16.
10. Choy MM, Ng DHL, Siriphanitchakorn T, Ng WC, Sundstrom KB, Tan HC, Zhang SL, Chan KWK, Manuel M, Kini RM, Chan KR, Vasudevan SG, Ooi EE (2020). A non-structural 1 protein G53D substitution attenuates a clinically tested live dengue vaccine, Cell Rep, 31, 6, 107617
11. Chan CYY, John JZH, Gan ES, Ong EZ, Zhang SL, Tan HC, Chai X, Ghosh S, Ooi EE, Chan KR* (2019). Antibody-dependent dengue virus entry modulates cell intrinsic responses for enhanced infection. mSphere, 4. 5.
12. Chan KR*, Gan ES, Chan CY, Liang C, Low JZ, Zhang SL, Ong EZ, Bhatta A, Wijaya L, Lee YH, Low JG, Ooi EEE (2019). Metabolic perturbations and cellular stress underpin susceptibility to symptomatic live attenuated yellow fever infection. Nature Medicine, 25, 8, 1218-1224.
13. Bidet K, Ho V, Chu CW, Naim ANH, Thazin K, Chan KR, Low JGH, Choy MM, Wong LH, Florez de Sessions P, Lee YH, Hibberd ML, Ooi EE, Fink K, Chen J. Mimicking immune signatures of flavivirus infection with targeted adjuvants improves dengue subunit vaccine immunogenicity. NPJ Vaccines, 27, 4.
14. Tharakaraman K, Watanabe S, Chan KR, Huan J, Subramanian V, Chionh YH, Raguram A, Quinlan D, McBee M, Ong EZ, Gan ES, Tan HC, Tyagi A, Bhushan S, Lescar J, Vasudevan SG, Ooi EE, Sasisekharan R (2018). Rational design and characterisation of a Zika virus neutralising antibody that targets a quaternary epitope. Cell Host Microbe, 23, 5, 618-627.
15. Kwek SS, Watanabe S, Chan KR, Ong EZ, Tan HC, Ng WC, Nguyen MTX, Gan ES, Zhang SL, Chan KWK, Tan JH, Sessions OM, Manuel M, Pompon J, Chua C, Hazirah S, Tryggvason K, Vasudevan SG, Ooi EE (2018). A systemic approach to the development of a safe live attenuated Zika vaccine, Nat Commun, 9, 1, 1031.
16. Chan CY, Chan KR*, Chua CJ, Nur Hazirah S, Ghosh S, Ooi EE (2017). Early molecular correlates of adverse events following yellow fever vaccination. JCI Insight, 2, 19.
17. Gan ES, Cheong WF, Chan KR, Ong EZ, Chai X, Tan HC, Ghosh S, Wenk MR, Ooi EE (2017). Hypoxia enhances antibody-dependent dengue virus infection. EMBO J, 36,10,1348-63.
18. Ong EZ, Zhang SL, Tan HC, Gan ES, Chan KR, Ooi EE (2017). Dengue virus compartmentalization during antibody-enhanced infection. Sci Rep, 7, 40923.
19. Chan KR, Wang XH, Saron WAA, Gan ES, Tan HC, Mok DZ, Zhang SL, Lee YH, Liang C, Wijaya L, Ghosh S, Cheung YB, Tannenbaum SR, Abraham SN, St John AL, Low JG, Ooi EE (2016). Cross-reactive antibodies enhance live attenuated virus infection for increased immunogenicity. Nat Microbiol, 1, 16164.
*indicates primary author
Review Articles (2016-2022)
1. Lin CN, Chan KR, Ooi EE, Chiou MT, Huang M, Hsueh PR, Ooi PT (2021). Animal Coronavirus Diseases: Parallels with COVID-19 in Humans, Viruses, 13, 8, 1507
2. Mok DZL, Chan CYY, Ooi EE, Chan KR (2021). The effects of aging on host resistance and disease tolerance to SARS-CoV-2 infection. FEBS J, 288, 17, 5055-5070.
3. Mok DZL and Chan KR (2020). The effects of pre-existing antibodies on live-attenuated viral vaccines. Viruses, 12, 5, 520.
4. Gan ES, Ting DH, Chan KR* (2017). The mechanistic role of antibodies to dengue virus in protection and disease pathogenesis. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 15, 2, 111-9
5. Ong EZ, Chan KR, Ooi EE (2016). Viral Manipulation of Host Inhibitory Receptor Signaling for Immune Evasion. PloS Pathog, 1, 12.